As a specially trained family therapist , I can work with all members of your family, including children and adolescents. Common reasons people consult me about their family relationships are:
- to manage conflicts and power struggles with adolescents
- to respond to the effects of separation and divorce on children and family relationships
- for tips on parenting younger children
- to help children recover from experiences of trauma or abuse
- to resolve conflicts and fighting among siblings
- because a child is struggling with a physical or mental health problem
- to heal unresolved or ongoing conflicts with aging parents, and to foster acceptance and peace.
I can work with you individually, or with your whole family. I offer young people a relaxed environment and a variety of ways to express themselves including art, writing, and play.
I work together with parents, recognizing your expertise in the lives of your own children. My goal is to strengthen that expertise and restore your relationships to a balanced state.